Introductions

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: Introductions

Post by Amari O'C on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:12 pm

Kinley

"Nolan. Where're you from? You ain't from here, that's for sure." He smiled and nodded, folding his arms over his chest.

Whilst the boys were communicating, I carefully leaned over and whispered to Jane, who was sitting quietly and picking at the skin around her nails. "Where's Noelle?" I asked her, frowning when she only gave me a shrug in response. Jane and Noelle were practically inseparable, even if Noelle lived in 6; buildings 6 and 7 were always really close, and we'd be cool with one of the girls staying over with us for a few nights.

I turned and looked back over at Peter, studying the way he spoke and the way he moved; it wasn't like people here, so it really interested me seeing him react to the different things that most likely weren't the same in his world.
Amari O'C

View user profile http://wowpunk.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:22 pm

Peter

"Jazenti," I answered. I was good with lying, unless it was to family or friends. "I was sent to see how the rebels here were doing."

My main worry was what he and the others would think of my accent. Unless the people in that town mysteriously sounded like Americans (because that was likely), it would be pretty clear I wasn't a native. And in that case, I wasn't sure what to say about where I was really from. I just hoped that if that question arose, Kinley would help out.
Echo
Winter Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari O'C on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Kinley

Nolan released a laugh, "Really?  Aw, c'mon, are the rich folks really bringing in people from the North?"  It suddenly occurred to me that I had completely overlooked the whole "accent" part of communicating-- we lived where Northerners in Peter's world would know as Wales, and he obviously wasn't from here.  My muscles tensed slightly.

"I mean, like, Jesus.  We ain't that bad, swear!  Like, yeah, us poorer rebels don't got much, but we do well!  Oh, also, Kinley..."  I looked away from watching Peter, not even realizing I had been staring at him, and turned my attention to Nolan as he spoke.  "Luka shot out his first deer today, so we're gonna try 'n get some new equipment with the money, so math."  I nodded slowly.

I liked math, actually.  Found it kind of interesting, so I made sure that I always kept up with my studies in it, even when training got really busy.  I could put together large numbers in my mind and come out with an accurate one easily, and because of this, I was often called upon for anything that involved mathematics.
Amari O'C

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:01 pm

Peter

"Sorry," I told Nolan, "I don't mean any offense..."

I felt kind of bad, even if what I'd said was just a cover story. But at least it seemed like he bought it, so that was good.
Echo
Winter Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari O'C on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:11 pm

Kinley

He shrugged, "No problem, kid! How long you stayin' for?"

That was when I piped in, clearing my throat. "Most likely only for a few more hours, Noles. And don't worry," I released a sigh, "I'll tell him the rules."

The rules were quite simple: try not to start bad shit with people, don't kill your allies without legitimate reason, don't be outdoors after 10pm, and be in bed by 12am. We all followed them well enough, even if some of us weren't in bed-- or our own beds-- by 12am a few nights a week. Things got pretty interesting here when you didn't have anything to do after shifts.

Nolan nodded and carefully climbed the staircase, flinching a little every time he would hear a small crack come from the wood beneath his feet. I released a sigh of relief; Jane was still here, but she wouldn't particularly care who Peter was, so as long as he didn't hurt any of us.
Amari O'C

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:48 pm

Peter

Those stairs really didn't look too safe... I wondered if I'd witness someone put their foot through one of the steps before I left here. I also wondered if the rebels would even be able to fix it in any sort of effective way if that were to happen... In any case, I turned back to Kinley.

"So, uh," I started, "what are the rules?"
Echo
Winter Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari O'C on Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:42 am

Kinley

I blinked, shaking my head. "Don't be outside after 10pm and we're supposed to be in our rooms by 12, but you said you were leaving, right? It's only around 5:30."

Jane spoke up, sounding somewhat bored. "No killing without legit reason, don't take more than you're given." She stood up, heading back for the door. "I'm going to find my girlfriend." And left.

I frowned, sighing a bit. "That was Jane. She's usually way nicer than that, actually... So! What do you wanna do?"
Amari O'C

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:17 pm

Peter

"Uh, I'm not really sure, actually..." I answered. "What is there to do?"

Usually, when this sort of thing happened, I'd just sit around and think about stuff and worry about my teammates until I was ready to shift again. Either that or I'd find some place relatively safe and hidden, and try to sleep. I probably could've used some sleep right now, but I felt weird about doing it here... Though even if I were more okay with it, I probably wouldn't be able to anyway. Unless there were severe circumstances, I was pretty much one of the lightest sleepers ever.

Which was actually a good thing given my, uh, PTSD. Broke up the sleep schedule to help prevent night terrors.
Echo
Winter Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari O'C on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Kinley

Shrugging, I stood up. "Uh, I dunno. I should start getting together the food for dinner, though, if you wanna help...? You don't gotta." I glanced at the door and then walked into the kitchen.

Just as I walked into the kitchen, Wen came through the door, looking quite a bit better off than the others-- today was one of his patrolling days, so aside from a bit of dirt on the knees of his dark green army pants and shoes, he looked normal. He stopped in his tracks when he spotted Peter.

"...Who is this?" He narrowed his eyes, folding his arms over his chest and scowling. Wen wasn't too used to new people.
Amari O'C

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:24 pm

Peter

"Uh, I'm Peter," I said to the new person. "And, uh, I'm gonna go help Kinley now..."

I headed into the kitchen. I didn't mind helping at all, and I also didn't want to be too far from Kinley in case someone tried to ask me something.

"I can help," I told her. "It's the least I can do, really. But, uh, I don't know much about cooking, so you'll have to tell me what you want done..."
Echo
Winter Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari O'C on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Kinley

He watched Peter walk into the kitchen, jaw clenching and eyes narrowing. Wen liked profiling people, but when there was somebody new that didn't fit the standard around here... he got incredibly suspicious. I found it silly—obviously, yes, it's good to be on the watch—but the majority of the time, it was only somebody from a neighbouring town. I guess he had a bit more to be suspicious about with Peter, however...

Shrugging, I flicked on the fire from the single burner on our old stovetop, the flame licked the edges of the cooling rack that was placed above it—our makeshift toaster. "You can fill the pot in the sink with water and place it on the wood stove, if you wanna." I said quietly, nodding to the medium-sized pot that almost filled the small sink. "We got running water, but no goddamn electricity other than that." I huffed, mostly to myself.

That was when Wen walked in, leaning against the doorframe with his arms folded across his chest, staring at Peter. I did my best to ignore him at first, and to just let him do his thing in hopes he would see Peter as non-threatening—which, to me, he definitely was—until he left. But of course, he just stood there. Staring.
Amari O'C

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:48 pm

Peter

I went over to the sink and turned the water on. The guy's stare was making me pretty uncomfortable, but I did my best to ignore it. I wasn't entirely successful with that. The pot filled up with water soon enough; I turned the water off, but as I held the pot handles, I felt myself tense up.

I'm just putting water on a stove... I told myself. That's all I have to do...

I was glad my gloves were covering my knuckles.

As quietly as I could, I took a deep breath and tried to relax. Loosening my grip a little, I lifted the pot out of the sink and put it on the stove. There. Easy. Right...
Echo
Winter Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari O'C on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:57 pm

Kinley

I kept taking occasional glances over at Peter to see how he was doing with all the staring, and it didn't appear to be very well. Putting two slices of bread on the cooling rack above the open flame to crisp, I turned around and watched the two young men.

Ugh, I thought. Why does Wen gotta be so damn creepy?

When I took notice of how Peter tensed up before forcing himself to relax, I decided that enough was enough. Looking over at Wen, whose eyes were glued to the brown-haired stranger in our kitchen, I spoke up. "Y'know, Wendell, I could always call you in for pedophilia; you're legal, and he's a minor." That was when his attention turned to me, and he unclenched his jaw, opening his mouth a little in shock.

"It's true, though. Stop staring, Wen, 'cause you're creepin' Peter out, and frankly, myself as well. Go get the others, 'kay?" I reached over and patted his cheek. "Peter's totally not threatening, man, so chill out."
Amari O'C

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:02 pm

Peter

I was glad she thought he was the one causing my nervousness. Saying "That guy was creeping me out" was far less embarrassing than "I've had bad experiences with kitchens and now I feel uncomfortable whenever food is prepared, especially when fires need to be started and water needs to be boiled." It wasn't nearly as bad as some other fears I had, but it was there...

In any case, I figured I'd just wait until that guy was gone before asking Kinley what needed to be done next. Now that my biggest cause of discomfort (pots of water that needed to be boiled) was taken care of, I should've been alright to continue.
Echo
Winter Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari O'C on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:48 am

Kinley

Wen stared at me for a moment, and I raised my eyebrows, almost daring him to say something back. And then he turned to Peter, eyes glued to his own feet, and mumbled an apology; pleased, I nodded at Wen, and he stalked out of the room.

Now that was over...

"I hope you don't mind toast and rice, Peter. We've got tea or water, t'drink, too..." I trailed off, turning the piece of bread that were crisping to a toast over, so that the other side would become equally as cooked. "If you could go t'that cupboard over there," I nodded towards a cupboard on the far side of the room, "and bring out the bag of rice in there, would y'mind putting, uh, about nine scoops in the pot?"

I filled the kettle with water, placing it beside the pot on the wood stove. I had to admit... it was kind of nice having somebody to help out.
Amari O'C

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo on Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:37 pm

Peter

"Not at all," I said, grabbing the bag and carrying it over. I started scooping it into the pot. "Oh, and, uh, you don't need to give me anything... My team has rations."

Hopefully no one had lost the backpacks. Actually, they were probably still back at camp, and we'd have to head there anyway after we regrouped to close up and relocate. Or retreat back to headquarters, depending on how dangerous we determined the climate to be.
Echo
Winter Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari O'C on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:20 pm

Kinley

I raised my eyebrows at him, "You sure? 'Cause you said that you gotta work up more energy, and I'm sure that eating at least something will help that, Peter... Don't worry about usin' up our rations, either, 'cause we get a little extra."

Jake came running into the room, weaving between Peter and I and straight to the old table, sitting down at a chair. "Kinley?" He grinned, looking back and forth between Peter and I. "This your new fuckbuddy? Can I join? Daaaamn, you're both hot."

My face grew warm and prickly, and I shook my head. "Fuck off, Jake; this is Peter, 'nd he's just working up energy to head back over to Jazenti."

Jake shook his head, his reddish locks hiding his dark eyes when he stopped. I rolled my eyes, and he just continued to grin at us, rolling his vision up and down our bodies slowly. Ah, this was Hell on Earth...
Amari O'C

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo on Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:53 pm

Peter

I tried fighting the hot, prickly feeling that immediately rose to my face, but I knew it was no use. Instead, I just turned away so he wouldn't see the embarrassed flush I was certain was there. I hated how easily I turned red... But gods above, this was more uncomfortable I'd been in a long time.

Just ignore it, Ses thought. He probably wants to get a rise out of you.

Yeah...ignore it...right...

Instead, I just looked back at Kinley. "If you don't mind sharing your food, I guess I could have some..."
Echo
Winter Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari O'C on Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:52 pm

(( Sorry about that! Homework absolutely kills my mind. ))

Kinley

I didn't move my glare off of Jake as Peter spoke to me, but I did acknowledge him. "Yeah, none of us mind; we were brought up having to share everything, anyways."

Jake watched me bemusedly for a few moments before turning his gaze onto Peter. "Hey, you gay? Or bi? Or something?" I released a scoff. I would have answered for Peter, but then realized that I didn't know Peter's sexual orientation, and it would probably be offending to him if I got it wrong.

"Jake, just take your Goddamn food and leave."
Amari O'C

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:36 pm

((I know the feeling, haha))

Peter

I was straight, but I didn't feel like answering him. I just wanted him to go away. Besides, I doubted telling him I was straight would actually make him back off. I didn't know for certain, but that was the feeling I got. He seemed like the kind of person who'd probably try to assure that it wasn't gay if it was in a three-way, or something like that. And he'd already said he was looking for a three-way.

Also, I doubted I could manage any words above a barely intelligible mumble anyway. I figured I'd just keep letting Kinley do the talking.
Echo
Winter Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari O'C on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Kinley

Jake continued to bombard Peter with questions regarding his sexuality and how sexual of a person he was, obviously being egged on by how red Peter's face was getting from the unwanted (assault) attention. After a few moments, I spoke up, "Jake, get out, or you ain't eating tonight."

That was when I realized how terrible my word choice was, because he turned towards me and ran his eyes up and down my body. "Oh? I'm sure I'll be eating something tonight, Kinley Marie."

I inhaled deeply and clenched my fists, trying to level my emotions out; I didn't want to lash out at Jake when there was company here, even if it was just Peter. "Jake, stop it."

A few thuds of footsteps were heard coming in from the back door, and Jake was suddenly pulled into a headlock by Nolan, who held the teenage boy tightly when he began to flail about. "Needed help, Kinley?" Nolan grinned, flinging Jake over his shoulder with ease and walking into the living room, tossing him on a couch.

Thank God... I shook my head.
Amari O'C

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Peter

"Thank the gods," I said under my breath, relieved. I was glad I was leaving here in a few hours, because I never wanted to see or hear that guy again. I'd have to thank the other one later if I got the chance before I left.

Now I spoke at a normal volume, addressing Kinley. "Well, now that that's out of the way...is there anything else that needs doing in terms of dinner?"
Echo
Winter Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari O'C on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Kinley

By the time Peter spoke again, I was already setting the table; one and a half pieces of toast on each plate with a scoop or two of rice beside it. I shook my head, "No, but thanks for helping out. We don't need to eat in here with the rest of them if you don't wanna, 'cause Jake'll surely ruin your appetite." I paused for a moment. "Sorry about him."

I walked over to the kettle and took it off of the stove, pouring the tea into small mugs, setting one at each plate. Just as I began doing that, the others came rushing into the kitchen to sit down or lean against a wall, laughing and joking about, sometimes even getting into small but heated arguments. I backed out of the way to allow people room, quietly making up a plate for Peter and handing it to him.
Amari O'C

Back to top Go down

Post by Echo on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:47 pm

Peter

"Where else could I eat?" I asked Kinley quietly. On top of the fact that I just...didn't want to be anywhere near Jake's vicinity, I was sort of overwhelmed by all the other people in here. It was loud and busy, and I had a headache.

((This was so short oh my goodness))
Echo
Winter Dragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Amari O'C on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:59 pm

Kinley

Shrugging, I handed Peter a mug and picked up my own plate and mug of food. "C'mon." I gestured my head towards the back door, weaving my way through the crowd of loud teenagers and outside, where I sat down, leaning against the wall.

In front of me was a large and desolate area. There wasn't much grass, save for the patches around our building, and a tree here and there. A large, black line marked the place where it started to be unsafe to walk on a few miles away. The fall air was crisp and slightly cold, but I could handle it.
Amari O'C

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum