The Adventures of Dupli-Kate and Finley

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Adventures of Dupli-Kate and Finley

Post by Invisimort on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:59 pm

This has spawned as a result of the sudden residence of Finley at Kate's house, and the mutual feeling between us of being like: dude this should be a thing. Like an actual chat thing of thingyness.

I should probably not be making introposts while sleep deprived but here I am. Posting a thing.

View user profile http://invisimort.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Adventures of Dupli-Kate and Finley

Post by Regret on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Kate

She rolls up outside his halls in a large, fancy five-door Volvo that probably cost a good bit. Honking the horn, she winds down the window and leans on it calmly.
"Yo! Finley?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Finley:

I had just gotten back to my dorm room after morning classes, having argued for most of class with my professor on why the lines of script I'd turned in were more efficient than what he'd wanted us to punch out originally. There were two suitcases out on my bed already, half packed from earlier in the morning. I still needed to pack all my computer stuff up, and get my lights down and posters and stuff, but I figured it wasn't too bad.

I heard a honk and a shout from the window, so I opened the blinds and found Kate on the street, all ready for packing. It was such a relief to be out of here finally. "Hey!!" I called back to her, opening my window up. "If you wanna park for a bit, our ticketmaster was let go due to budget cuts last semester so you won't get fined. I'll come around the front of the building to let you in!" We had key cards to get us into the building and then into our rooms, it was locked up like fort knox in here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:52 pm

Kate

"On it!" she called back, then parked the car sloppily in the nearest thing that looked like a bay. If no one was going to fine her, she would park wherever the hell suited her. Plus it was a hell of a lot harder to find a parking space for a car the size of a city block than for a sweet bike. She slammed the door roughly and sauntered round to the front off the building.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:57 pm

Finley:

I went out to the front of the building and held the door open so she could get in, and kept my keycard out so that we could check in with the doorman. "You have to let him see your ID so he knows you're not a serial killer or something" I explained, excited to be able to move out of this place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret on Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:42 pm

Kate

"I've got a driving licence. Is that good?" I flashed my licence to prove it. "Which floor are you on?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:56 am

Finley:

"First floor, actually, east wing." I told her, leading the way inside, now that the desk attendant had seen an ID. "I started getting all my clothes together last night..." I told her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:49 am

Kate

She laughed. "That won't be a problem. You wouldn't believe how fast I can pack up a room on my own." She followed him to the east wing. "It's part of my superpower."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Finley:

"That sounds like the best superpower, quite honestly." I told her, because it sounded like the most convenient thing to have as a superpower. "We just have to be careful with my computer..." I added, as I hadn't powered it down all the way yet and I didn't want to have to deal with it being mad at me later when we unpacked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Kate

"It's more like a side-effect of my actual power," she replied. "Look, it'll all become clear once we're in your room. I try not to show it off outside."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:37 pm

Finley:

"Ahh okay. Makes sense." I told her. It was understandable, not wanting to advertise it in public. I headed down the hall, towards my bedroom.

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:39 pm

Kate

"Yeah." She followed him to his bedroom. "Ugh, this brings back memories. I hated college. All one year I did of it."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:46 pm

Finley:

"You only did one year?" I asked her curiously. I unlocked the door to my room with the key card. Despite having packed a bit the night before, there were still posters up on my wall- demotivationals and bad programming jokes... and the one poster of Zac Efron I hadn't been able to bring myself to get rid of because damn. I'd gotten my tea lights down already, and eaten everything out of my pink zebra mini fridge, so it was unplugged and ready to move as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Kate

She closed the door the moment she stepped into the room. "It's a long story. Why don't I tell you while I pack?" She proceeded to pull the covers off the bed and lie down comfortably on the bare mattress, leaving a copy of herself standing where she was a moment ago. The copy split a few more times until there were three of her going through drawers and investigating cupboards while the fourth lay on the bed grinning at Finley.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Finley:

And suddenly there was four of her. ...Four. ...That, that was probably the superpower. I didn't know if it was polite to stare or what because like, I was leaning towards no, don't stare, but at the same time... there was four of her. "Uhm... that... that sounds... good. Yeah." I said, sitting down in my office chair. My eyes kept flicking towards one of the other hers walking around my room.

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:57 pm

Kate (on the bed)

"Do you mind if I start packing?" she asked. "See, I wasn't really cut out for college, I think. I've always been more of a rough-and-ready, hands-on sort of gal. That was the first problem."

Other Kates

The other Kates continued to search the room, starting to fold and pile clothes in places, or bag up items that looked like they could take it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:03 pm

Finley:

"Oh yeah... it's all good. Just... don't touch the computer cos I need to make sure it's ready to travel before I unplug it." I explained briefly, trying to keep focused on the her that was talking as opposed to the other ones who were packing. It was disorienting on some level. "What were the other problems with it?" I asked her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Kate-on-the-Bed

"I was still transitioning at the time. People were kinda shitty about it." She shrugged. "What can you do other than smash some faces? Long story short I got arrested. Multiple counts of assault and battery, but they couldn't make the arson charge stick."

Another Kate

"Could you get it ready to travel? I wanna be out of here fairly soon. It's bringing back some memories that are slightly less than awesome." She folded some clothes and dumped them into a bag another Kate was holding open.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:17 pm

Finley:

The arson charge. That one hit me like a brick. I mean, okay I was technically selling people into whale slavery because they didn't accept me, but it seemed really... I dunno, up close to set something on fire. I guess I'd just never wanted to get arrested for stuff... I don't know. I always learned that if you hit people back you'd get in trouble too, so it made more sense to get them back some other way. To avoid the possibility of being persecuted on a legal level at all.

I fired up my computer to shut down and save all the programs that were running, safely disconnect from the illegal router I had running in my room so the ping was lower and everything else I needed to do before I could unplug it safely.

"You set something on fire?" I asked, still a bit shocked to hear it. I mean, I understood, because people are shitty about things on stupid levels of shittyness, but at the same time... fire seemed maybe a bit extreme?

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:22 pm

Kate

She wasn't entirely comfortable admitting it, but honesty was probably the best policy in this situation. "Several things. At the same time. No one was injured, but the property damage was through the roof. Well, in my defence, the roof was kind of lying in smouldering chunks on the ground floor."

One of the other Kates facepalmed at this statement, while the other two ignored it and began boxing up Finley's computer.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:25 pm

Finley:

"Part of me wants to say that's extreme... and part of me is like: ...my whole college is facing legal inquiry because I sold classmates into whaling slavery as a form of revenge... so... I don't really have room to talk, I don't think..." I told her, still feeling like whale slavery wasn't quite as bad as burning down several buildings in protest. I mean sure they'd probably never come back alive, but like... I wouldn't be arrested for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:31 pm

Kate on the bed

She shrugged. "I don't know, honestly. They're probably about as bad as each other. But that chapter of my life is far behind me. I probably can't even be prosecuted for them any more."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Finley:

"That's good then. I still have to figure out who's taking the fall for me in my department... I should have figured this all out earlier, I think..." I told her. It really had been a plan I'd put together opportunistically. I didn't think too much about the long term consequences beyond making the transactions untraceable, so this was becoming a bit of a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Regret on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:39 pm

Kate

She tapped her chin thoughtfully while several other Kates continued packing. "You know, I might know a guy who knows a guy... Every superhero flies a little bit crooked now and again. You spend so long dealing with shit that occasionally you have to bend the law a little just to get things done."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Invisimort on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Finley:

"...wait really? Because it's kinda hard to throw people under the bus when they haven't actually done anything to you, you know?" I asked her, rolling away from the desk a little.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum